Thursday 7 January 2010

The Perch Whisperer

When you are a kid you always dream of having a cool nick name like Ice Man or Mr T. But you always end of with a crap nick name that the mouthy kid in the class coins and everyone copies.

On one of my first trips back to Fishing I confidently stated that I was going to catch a Perch. It did not matter that I had never, ever caught one before, a stripey would be mine. Of course my arrogance ensured I fell flat on my face.

I fished all day with out a bite and to rub salt into the wound my friend Phil caught a fierce looking Perch on the Feeder straight away. It was like the fishing Gods were laughing at me. Ever quick off the mark my friend Dave christened me 'The Perch Whisperer'. Not for my amazing angling skills but for my complete inability to catch a Perch from a river seemingly teeming with them. The sod.

The nickname has now stuck and I am still no closer to catching a Perch. If I have one aim for 2010 it is to break my Perch duck...and maybe get a new nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment