Wednesday 23 December 2009

No fish required

My previous post may have led you to believe that I was some what dismayed at blanking. I really thought I would be upset, but on reflection this can not be further than the truth.

The cold winter winds may have froze my extremities and led the fish to move to a more sheltered home than my favourite swim. However I can not escape from the fact that I still enjoyed my last trip to the river.

The brown, debris strewn water of a few weeks previous had been replaced by a shiny crystal clear liquid. As the cold December sun reflected off the quickly flowing water and my icy breath puffed into the winter air, I realised that fishing makes me happy and catching a fish is merely incidental.

When Christmas day has passed I will make plans to return to the river again. It will be interesting to find out if my new found zen will stand up to another blank day or if I return to my normal behaviour of throwing a tantrum and sulking.

Now if I can only catch a Perch...

No comments:

Post a Comment